*Please only apply if you are able to work 100% on-site from our office in downtown Nelson, BC.
Relocation support provided.
Be the next valued member of our locally founded company that has become one of the Kootenay’s largest construction companies. Discover North Mountain Construction, a leading General Contractor located in beautiful Nelson, British Columbia. We are looking for a Project Manager to join our team and support our rapidly growing business.
Who We Are
At North Mountain Construction, we offer full-service General Contracting, Construction Management and Design-Build services specializing in residential and commercial construction. We provide a wide range of services including multi-family residential, commercial, institutional, custom luxury homes, and renovations. Our success is built on the underlying premise that everything we do must provide value for our clients. Our reputation is for providing that value without compromise.
North Mountain Construction has been committed to creating a business focused on people and delivering exceptional value to our clients through our integrity, expertise, and passion.
We live by our Core Values:
INTEGRITY – We build trust by respecting our clients, partners, and the environment.
TEAM – We are a dedicated, inclusive team that supports each other.
EXCELLENCE – We take pride in the quality of our work and achieving exceptional results.
COMMUNITY –We contribute to and enhance the communities in which we live and work.
Do you enjoy?
- Planning, developing and managing schedules, budgets, client interactions, subcontractors, and suppliers and ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within budget while meeting a high level of quality
- Chairing meetings, producing agendas and taking minutes
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks
- Tracking job costs, providing financial reports, managing project budgets and working with the accounting team ensuring all AR/AP are completed in a timely manner
- Monitoring the change management process including identifying, pricing and tracking change events
- Working with consultants throughout the project on design, RFI’s, site instructions, inspections
- Completing project close out meetings and providing final job cost reports and management including feedback to the estimating team
- Working closely with other departments including contracts & risk, estimating, superintendents and field staff
- Working with the local building inspectors for submittals & inspections
- Ensuring all company and subcontractor operations meet industry and regulatory standards
- Mentoring, coaching and training junior staff
- Coordinating resource availability and allocation
- Developing and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Proactively seeking business opportunities through existing relationships
Does this sound like you?
- Living or willing to relocate to the Kootenay’s for a 100% on-site position in down town Nelson, BC
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering, Project Management or related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in Project Management within the Residential or Commercial Construction sector
- Proficient using Construction Management Software, BlueBeam, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Adobe
- Project Management Certification would be an asset
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract and construction documents
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation and relationship building skills
- Excellent at written and verbal communication
- Solid organizational and problem solving skills
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.