Be the next valued member of our locally founded company that has become one of the Kootenay’s largest construction companies. Discover North Mountain Construction, a leading General Contractor located in beautiful Nelson, British Columbia. We are looking for Carpenters to join our team and support our rapidly growing business.
Who We Are
At North Mountain Construction, we offer full-service General Contracting, Construction Management and Design-Build services specializing in residential and commercial construction. We provide a wide range of services including multi-family residential, commercial, institutional, custom luxury homes, and renovations. Our success is built on the underlying premise that everything we do must provide value for our clients. Our reputation is for providing that value without compromise.
North Mountain Construction has been committed to creating a business focused on people and delivering exceptional value to our clients through our integrity, expertise, and passion.
We live by our Core Values:
INTEGRITY – We build trust by respecting our clients, partners, and the environment.
TEAM – We are a dedicated, inclusive team that supports each other.
EXCELLENCE – We take pride in the quality of our work and achieving exceptional results.
COMMUNITY –We contribute to and enhance the communities in which we live and work.
Do you enjoy?
- Working under supervision of a Supervisor while mentoring Carpenter’s Helpers
- Reading blueprints, drawings and sketches to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Taking measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cutting, shaping and smoothing lumber and other material according to measurements
- Rough carpentry including framing walls, bulkheads, blocking, stringer layout, involving wood and metal construction
- Finishing carpentry including wood base, jambs, casing, hinge pockets, wood door installations, window installations, side-lites
- Constructing frames/structures for casting of concrete during building construction
- Laying out floorings, roofing or drywall ensuring they are leveled and compatible
- Removing damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace
- Carving and assemble furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated
- Finishing surfaces of woodwork or wallboard in houses and buildings
- Erecting scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
- Operating power tools such as circular saws, nail guns, and sanders
- Implementing health and safety standards when carrying out job operations to ensure public and environmental safety
- Other such duties as required.
- Multiple delivery models – bid-build, design-build, construction management, cost plus
- Residential, institutional, commercial, and light industrial projects
- Affordable housing developments
- Government and BC Housing projects
- Private client builds for multi-million-dollar homes and ski lodges.
Does This Sound Like You:
- Red Seal Carpenter ticket or equivalent experience in the field
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial/residential construction industry and practices
- Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Familiarity with current relevant technology
- Ability to see projects through full construction spectrum
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of commercial/residential construction industry and practices
- You are physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs.
- You bring knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods, standards and techniques used in skilled carpentry work
- Experience with power, hand tools, and related equipment
- Ability to meet schedules and timelines, understand and follow direction
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team-based environment.
If this sounds interesting to you, then you may just be the next member of our team. Apply today by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to express our sincere appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get in Touch
Think you may be the right candidate for this position? Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To speak with us or ask any questions, please get in touch.
Office & HR Administrator
525 Josephine St • Nelson, BC • V1L 1W5